13 Jun ACAL 2023 Conference • Adelaide • Thu Sept 7 and Fri Sept 8
In our busy schedules, it’s hard to find the time to attend a webinar or conference. But taking that time out can be re-charging, inspiring and energising. It can make us think about our assumptions and inspire changes to our practice.
This year’s Australian Council of Adult Literacy (ACAL) conference in Adelaide will be an exciting face to face national LLND event. It’s title, Dynamic Dialogues, Vibrant Literacies: Reflect, Connect, Grow is a call to re-group and provides an important opportunity to share our practices, hear fresh ideas and to build relationships with colleagues across Australia.
The conference is perfectly timed. There is commitment at a government level to reinvigorate the LLND sector. The ideas, models of delivery and strategies coming out of the conference will help inform this renewal.
The great list of keynote speakers includes:
- Keynote: ‘Digital literacy – a glimpse behind the scenes‘ with Dr Deniese Cox
- Address by The Honourable Blair Boyer, SA Minister for Education, Training & Skills
- Dave Tout will deliver the 2023 The Arch Nelson Address ‘Some reflections and connections: growth and support needed for a critical and dynamic adult literacy and numeracy sector‘.
- Ministerial Addressby The Hon Brendan O’Connor MP, Federal Minister for Skills and Training
- Keynote:Thomas Mayo – The Voice referendum: Our defining moment.
The program also contains a rich diversity of concurrent sessions drawing on LLND expertise from across Australia and New Zealand. The hard part of this conference will be deciding which sessions to attend!
Early bird registrations are now open, closing on July 15, 2023.