10 Oct New Hotline report on adult literacy, numeracy and digital literacy needs.
The Reading Writing Hotline and Social Equity Works have released the report Insights from the Classroom presenting findings from providers around the country. This will form part of a larger research project including libraries, community groups, industry and First Nations organisations, to be completed July 2023.
The report’s key findings are
· 82% of respondents identified barriers to providers offering LND programs
· 57% indicated inadequate funding was the main barrier for providers
· 32% said that a lack of qualified teachers was a barrier to delivery
· 80% said they wanted beginner literacy resources
· 85% identified one or more barriers for learners
· 56% indicated that not knowing where to ask for help was the main barrier for learners
· 54% indicated shame and embarrassment was a barrier for learners
Vanessa Iles from the Hotline and Robin Miles Director of Social Equity Works presented the findings for an ACAL webinar.