30 Jun Feedback from the Foundation Skills Framework review project
Posted at 22:23h in Latest news
The Foundation Skills Framework consultation activities carried out by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) are now complete.
The ACER team told us that the themes arising from the consultation include the need to:
- Understand the purpose of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) and Digital Literacy Skills Framework (DLSF) to describe skills at level – and that the frameworks are not designed as curriculum or assessment tools.
- Recognise the diverse contexts and wide range of online assessment tools based on the ACSF and DLSF – and the challenges of using them with learners with varying digital skill levels.
- Define the concept of digital literacy – and distinguish it from other terms such as digital skills, digital fluency, digital proficiency and digital mastery.
- Clarify the relationship between the ACSF and the DLSF – and determine how they relate to other digital and foundation skills frameworks in the increasingly crowded VET framework space.
- Make minor changes to improve the currency and sufficiency of the frameworks.