- Appreciate and acknowledge how difficult it is for many adult learners to set foot in a classroom again.
- Make use of the knowledge and experiences that adult learners bring with them.
- Ensure the learning space is as positive, stress-free and friendly as possible.
- Respect the difference and diversity of cultural and social backgrounds.
- Adult learning is most effective when students are encouraged to discuss their experiences and express their ideas.
- Teacher /students relationships are is critical to a successful learning experience.
- Encourage the linking of new learning to past experience.
- Provide activities what will ensure success and provide plenty of encouragement and praise.
- Allow students to identify their own goals and needs.