Meet Elizabeth – another one of the Hotline’s wonderful teachers.

As a teacher I have worked with a diverse range of students in different ways, supporting students in vocational subjects, delivering reading and writing units in courses designed for the workplace, teaching by distance and developing distance learning materials.  I have enjoyed working on programs that targeted pathways for CALD and Indigenous students. I have also had the pleasure of helping mature students develop confidence, become volunteers or experience the joy of reading to grandchildren.

Having returned to the Hotline, I find it so rewarding speaking with people from all walks of life; some who have summoned great courage in calling to acknowledge a long held need for help.  There are also many callers who turn to the Hotline repeatedly, as they become aware of new literacy requirements to prepare for a job, close skills gaps at work, tackle training or complete a new qualification.

The Reading Writing Hotline has evolved into a very important resource for learners, providers, tutors, trainers and employers and it is great to be involved.